Thursday, April 23, 2009

Summer Camp

This will be the first year for Adriana to experience summer break and the first time she would be home for an extended period of time without me (since I am now working). I've been thinking of what she can do for the summer when one Sunday at church there was an announcement about "summer camp". There will be swimming, crafts, activities and tons of fun. "Perfect!" I thought. So I requested the paperwork and began my quest of filling out the pages once the information arrived.

All was well until the other morning in the midst of trying to get breakfast on the table, lunch packed and accomplishing my own agenda I attempted to fill in the blanks on the application. Adriana happened to catch a glimpse of the lovely green papers on the table and asked what they were. I explained that I was filling out paperwork for summer camp. "What??", she exclaimed. "Summer Camp...I don't want to go to summer camp." In a very calm voice with great confusion I asked "why don't you want to go to summer camp?" You could hear the concern in her little voice as she spoke "I don't want to go to summer camp, Momma. I haven't been bad. Only bad kids go to summer camp". I tried not to laugh, but could see that she was very serious. I explained that summer camp is not for bad kids and this was going to be like daycare for bigger kids. I told her that she would go swimming, maybe a trip to the park, ice cream shop...who knows. After further explanation of what exactly it was that I was signing her up for she was much more in favor of the idea of summer camp.

Oh....the things kids come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment